What has MILESTONE achieved so far?
We are glad to inform you that the recruitment phase of the study has ended!
MILESTONE has successfully recruited over 1000 young people, 900 parents and carers and the mental health professionals working with them for both the RCT and the longitudinal study. The team has now collected a wide range of outcomes and other monitoring data at three different time points (baseline and two follow-ups), some data collected via face-to-face meetings with a MILESTONE Research Assistant (RAs) and some via online assessments.
Since summer 2018, data has been collected at the fourth and final time point. For publications, please click here.
Other areas of completed work include the following:
- The mapping of current services and transitional policies (WP1)
- The new measures have been validated and are being published (WP2)
- The MILESTONE statistical analysis plan (SAP) has been established (WP3)
- Data collection for the economic evaluation (WP5)
- The systematic review of the literature concerning the ethics of transition is complete and an article has been accepted by BMC Medical Ethics (WP6)
- Plans for dissemination – including the creation of a TEDx talk, a short theatrical production, and final celebration events in 2019 – have been organised and published with the Young Project Advisors helping the research team to ensure that MILESTONE’s findings are accessible through a wide range of different avenues (WP7)
- The team responsible for developing the new training package have mapped existing training about transition for mental health professionals from different disciplines (WP8)